What is green roofing?
- The practice of planting green vegetables, plants and flowers on the roof or terrace of the office so as to maximize the space and to add a dash of green to city landscaping-this is called as green roofing. Green roofing is the latest in urban landscaping.
How will your business improve?
- Carbon emission will reduce considerably
- The cost of ornamental property will double up with
- The employee involvement in achieving sustainable living can be achieved
- The energy cost will come down considerably
- Noise pollution can be reduced to quite an extent
- Toxins created will be reduced
- A mini kitchen garden of the office will give rise to a pantry with healthy and low cost eatables available at the office itself
- Cost of maintaining these green roofs is very minimal and the return they provide are innumerable
- Employees groups can be created to maintain certain sections of the roof and this will improve inter office relations too.
How will environment benefit?
- The benefits to the environmental are very clear.
- With an increased number of corporate offices and business houses converting their terraces into green roofing, the irregular and erratic pattern of rainfall will improve quite a lot
- Green roofing will lower the overall urban climate
- It will help reduce carbon footprint in the city
- The city landscaping will improve a lot
- Flash flooding can be put under control and research says that nitrogen and phosphorous can be brought down with green roofing.
The green roofs have been brought into practice by law firm of London ‘Olswang’, and the Bloomsbury Street Hotel. They are growing edible roof gardens. On the other hand law firm Mischon de Reya and Trade Union Congress are into wildflowers to support the breeding of local bee population.
For any further queries please feel free to speak to me at 9810114184 or you can write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org