Easter Day special by Dr Rupa Batra, Vaastu and Feng Shui expert
This is the real beauty of a country like India. Each and every festival is celebrated with the same zest and fervor. Easter is actually the day when Jesus resurrected from his dead after the crucifixion on Good Friday. It is a day when people across the world offer prayers and wish the best for each other. Easter celebration as we all know is almost incomplete without the Easter eggs or the Easter bunnies. These Easter eggs also known as Paschal eggs are a representation of fertility, of life and of rebirth.
Easter has been celebrated in India from the pre-Independence period, the time when British ruled the nation. Even when the Christian population constitutes to just 2.5% of the total populace in India, Easter is celebrated with great enthusiasm and vigor.
Idea behind the Easter eggs
People also believe that Easter eggs represent stones of the tomb. Just the manner in which birds emerge out of the eggs, similarly Jesus rose to life from his grave and it is believed that all those people who believe this will also experience this.
Which is the most auspicious direction to place the Easter eggs?
- As mentioned earlier, Easter eggs represent life, rebirth and fertility. So the most ideal direction to place the Easter eggs is the north-west direction as this is the direction of wind or air. And oxygen is the first and foremost requirement to be alive on this planet.
- The second best location to place the Easter eggs can be the north-east as it is the direction of water and water is the second most important thing for staying alive.
- When it comes to gifting the Easter eggs, you can start with gifting your children with green coloured Easter eggs for the reason that green is the colour of growth, it is the colour of life, of health and of well being. We want our children to be successful in life, but before that we want them to be healthy and happy and content in life.
- You can ideally place these Green Easter eggs in your child’s cupboard or on his or her study table.
- Feng shui strongly believes that green is the colour of rejuvenation. It draws inspiration, right from the nature and is the most suitable for homes, when we speak of the health and happiness of our family members.
- Gifting sharp objects should be avoided on Easter and or on any other occasion as it can bring rift in the relationships.
- Perfumed candles are also a great gifting option for Easter. Good fragrance not just makes out mood but also kills negativity from the atmosphere.