Right from the selection of wedding cards, to the menu to return gifts for your guests, you do not wish to keep any stone unturned into making your child’ wedding a success. But a few errors in the vaastu of the house/hall or venue of the marriage can create unnecessary hindrances in welcoming your guests or carrying out other rituals.
Let’s take a close look at how you can make your house vaastu-positive prior to the D-Day:
- Flowers should be used instead of artificial decorative items. Flowers generate immense positive energy and add aesthetic value to the room. You will constantly have guests and even in-laws coming to your house. Fragrance of roses and marigold will uplift the mood of your guests and will make the ambience very cozy and comfortable for them.
- Secondly, importance should be laid to the guestroom in a wedding. Guestroom should be such that the person coming to your house feels at peace and contentment. Bed should be placed in such a way that they sleep with head towards South. The door of the bathroom should not be exactly opposite to the bed.
- Elderly and kids should have room at extreme opposite ends of the house. Cousins of the bride or groom are in a constant mood for fun and enjoyment. At times the elderly get very disturbed by the loud music which the youngsters play throughout the marriage but they are unable to do anything about it as the room provided to them is close to the room of the youngsters.
- Vaastu plays a significant importance to the Northeast direction of any home. This room is ideal for offering prayers to the almighty.
- The wedding mandap is very important. It should preferably be in the North-East.
- The four columns of the Mandap should be made of wood or bamboo, but not metal.It should be decorated with fresh flowers. .
- South-West is a good location to keep the precious items like money and jewellery.
- Rooms provided to the in-laws should have 4 corners as the energies circulating the room is better.
- Shape of the wedding hall should be either square or rectangular. Halls that are round, oval, semi-circular or triangular should be avoided.
- The kitchen and toilets should be far away from the mandap.
- Married couples should avoid bedroom in the South-East and North-East corners. According to Vastu wooden beds are better than metal beds.